I remember how, when someone was looking for something they couldn't find, my grandmother would say, "Look for something else." And sure enough, the moment the house began being dismantled in the search of something else, instead, what had formerly been lost would be immediately found. I remember, also, how I'd be amazed by this phenomenon.

Words, I've learnt, aren't any different from a missing earring, a particularly tattered book, or that one specific pair of woolen socks. You never find the words you need, until, of course, you don't need them anymore.


Edit: Happy New Year, everyone! Here's to a better year, one with more frequent blog-posts.

4 comments:

Roshni said...

Aha..deep.

Anonymous said...

Hmm.. It's like waiting for a cab, and not even one cab would pass your way. But then, if you're not waiting for it, several cabs would wave their "vacancy" signs in front of you.. geez. Same phenonemon, I guess.. hehe!

So.. Happy new Year!

P.S.
Followed you, btw..

J Jay. said...

hahaha couldn't agree more!

Anonymous said...

i wish there was a like button.

Post a Comment

 
Copyright © Quill Emissions